To make naturalizations easier, the Natural Edge Program guides landowners through every step of the process, from planning to planting. It empowers property owners to restore their shoreline, protect their water quality, and create habitat for wildlife and pollinators using native trees, shrubs, and wildflowers as a nature-based solution.
The Natural Edge Program was developed by Watersheds Canada and is delivered in many provinces across Canada by trained regional delivery partners. If you are not located in Eastern Ontario where Watersheds Canada delivers, you may still be eligible for the Program.
Our Current Delivery Partners
Click on the delivery partner to contact them directly and to see if they deliver the Natural Edge in your area:
- Shawnigan Basin Society, Shawnigan Lake
- Carrot River Valley Watershed Association, Melfort
- Moose Jaw River Watershed Stewards, Moose Jaw
- North Saskatchewan River Basin Council, Hafford
- Saskatchewan Association of Watersheds, Regina
- South Saskatchewan River Watershed Stewards, Saskatoon
- Wascana Upper Qu’Appelle Watersheds Taking Responsibility, Regina
- Cataraqui Conservation, Glenburnie (delivered by Watersheds Canada)
- Muskoka Watershed Council, Bracebridge
- Muskrat Watershed Council, Cobden
- Junction Creek Stewardship Committee, Sudbury
- Kawartha Lakes Stewards Association, delivered in partnership with Watersheds Canada
- Quinte Conservation, Belleville
- The Land Between, Haliburton
- Watersheds Canada, Perth
- Canaan-Washademoak Watershed Association, Canaan and Washademoak watersheds
Becoming a New Delivery Partner
We’re looking for new partners to deliver our Natural Edge Program across Canada! By partnering, you would receive everything you need to run the program, including:
- Access to the Natural Edge App that allows partners to create custom restoration plans;
- Our password protected online Admin system which allows partners to customize their App to their local ecosystems;
- The Canada-wide Native Plant Database which is available online and is built into the Natural Edge App. The database helps partners select suitable plant species based on site conditions and Canada’s plant hardiness zones; and
- All necessary program materials, including communications, marketing, training videos, and ongoing support.
If your organization is interested in becoming a delivery partner in your region and would like to learn more, please contact us!
Since 2013, the Natural Edge Program has been delivered in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, and New Brunswick thanks to generous support from organizations, foundations, businesses, and individuals.
Past Delivery Partners
- Algonquin College – Pembroke Campus
- Assiniboine Watershed Stewardship Association
- Friends of the Salmon River
- Georgian Bay Biosphere Reserve
- Lower Souris Watershed Committee
- Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority
- Nature Alberta
- Old Wives Watershed Association
- Rideau Valley Conservation Authority
- Swift Current Creek Watershed Stewards
- Upper Souris Watershed Association
- Water Security Council